5.07.2006

Found: Apartment!

I really do feel bad for bringing up such a 'shocker' to my parents of wanting to move out. I should have from the beginning told them I was thinking of this from the first time I got back from the east coast.

So, instead of sneaking out of the house.. I actually peeped my head into the kitchen and told my mom that I was running 'errands'. She asked if I wanted to eat... I said no. She turned around and I went straight out the door. And then I thought.. *sigh* I don't want to be mean. So I walked right back into the house. Kissed my mom on the cheek and said 'I love you'. It felt nice saying it to her. And she said 'I love you, too'. I told her we'll talk later on. As I was about to turn the corner, she asked if I was going to look for places to live. I told her the truth.. 'yes'. She then said why did I say I was going to meet 'erin'? I repeated 'no, i'm going to do errands'. She said 'what's that?'... and I answered back 'like going to the bank and doing small lil things'. And then finally she understood. I guess this is an example that I do need to speak more Vietnamese around her. It'll be easier for her to understand.

My letter is still in progress. I want to just write everything down...but when Dan read it .. he said you're kinda diverting off the topic and trying to 'sell' me. Yea. I guess that's true.

Dan and I went around looking at places in his old neighborhood. There were plenty of places to live and it was a nice neighborhood. One place actually was $1050 including utilities. The only thing was it was street parking and since I work the late shift... it wouldn't be the safest. I took Dan to the place I saw down in Burbank... I wanted his opinion. He liked it alot. The things that had its perks were the neighborhood, secured and gated parking, month-to-month lease (without raising the rent until the end of the year), nice managers. I just decided to fill out the application and now I'm pretty excited about the whole thing. But, I'm really starting from scratch.

Tomorrow I have Round 3. Two sisters versus me. I make it sound bad like they're ganging up on me or something. I dunno. I know they have the best intentions. I know they're looking out for me. I know they want to protect me. I just hope I don't get flustered and say the wrong things. We'll see what happens.

I think I may have to look into finding a therapist. How strange is that. I think the hardest part will be finding a good one. A person that knows the culture. If it's an asian person, I want them to be very objective. We'll see what happens. And maybe at one point... I'll bring in my parents and other family members.. but first things first... I gotta call up my insurance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home