3.01.2009

Day 1 - Landing in Barcelona

No one was available to take us to the airport. *sad face*. So, D had Prime Time pick us up from our house. It felt like we were taking the scenic route all the way to the airport. Even though I had booked the airline tickets through Air France... it was operated by Delta. It was all pretty simple checking in and going through customs.

Checking In: It's awesome checking through those automated kiosks..especially if you're not checking in luggage. I love it! It's the only self service thing that I this is fabulous.

Going through Customs: There's always one dick that complains about being called out for having a bottle of water that is greater than the amount allowed. How long has this rule been in effect. Come on now. Just deal and buy another bottle of water. I'm not suprised that the TSA agent told him to get back into the security line. If I had to deal with an argumentative person like that... back you go!

Overhead Bin: Why are ppl such dicks about this. If you have a small little bag.. just put it in front of you on the floor... why waste space when you know the flight is full?! D should have decked that @-hole that didn't want to move his computer bag to a spot it could fit so my baggage didn't have to be checked in. Butthead.

Personal TVs for each seat: Are a godsend. When you have complete control over what you can watch. It makes a long flight so much better. Although they've gotten smarter and made ppl pay for movies. I had to settle for the limited DishTV channels...but it was still awesome.

Jetlag: It's 4pm.. (7am in our time)... and D is taking a siesta.

I've been so anxious about this whole trip. No guides. Everything dependent on us. I figured out that I enjoy these types of trip if someone was looking out for us.

Even though we were warned to watch out about being short changed... When we bought our T10 tickets.. the guy short us 1 euro. argh. But, we weathered the Barcelona transportation. We got on the Renfe Railway... which took us to Barcelona-Sants. We got off the train and managed to find the Metro Line 3 to Parel.lel... and once we stepped out from the underground... we managed to find our Hotel. I'm pretty proud of us!!! We didn't get lost. Woohoo!!

We weren't able to check into our hotel..but I was determined to see the Sardana dance in front of the Catedral. The only thing was there was a Barcelona Marathon...which after taking many wrong turns and getting semi-lost... We were on the Catedral steps by noon...but no dancing. I guess it got cancelled due to the marathon. The Catedral has time limits of when it is free. So while mass was going on... we toured the limited space. It had that beautiful gothic architecture.

We took a break and D ordered a coffee and a delicious froccio something.

And then we got lost trying to find the Picasso Museum... which was also free on Sundays. There was a line but it went fast and we were in.

I think I need my own siesta right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home