12.11.2005

Mixing Groups

A while ago.. one of my friends said that it's just plain wrong to mix different groups of friends together. In the end, friends who know each other well will migrate together... and there will be a definite segregation of groups. So why go through all that awkwardness ... just keep your different groups of friends (friends from work, friends from college, friends from HS, etc) away from each other.

I don't see anything wrong with mixing groups together. I see it as.. now you can place a face to the name or maybe new friendships can be started. I like the idea of 'one big happy friends group'. I guess it's a very optimistic view of things (especially this coming from one of the most pessimistic persons on earth). But, i dunno... when I throw a party.. I invite just about everyone.

But, I can see it the other way. A couple of years ago, I sent out evites for Dan's birthday. I invited everyone and anyone. And who showed up was a hodge podge of friends. It did seem a bit awkard. One friend from his MPH program. A couple of my friends. Dan's roommate. A couple of friends from HS. It was a bit weird.

I dunno. There's good and bad with mixing groups... but I think I'll just continue to invite everyone and anyone to my shindigs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home