Last Name Change
I didn't know it was such a big deal for a guy to have his wife change her last name to his.
I guess I'm so used to my last name... The hassle of changing it to his... I'd rather just keep mine.
Back in elementary school. I had a semi-crush on this kid.. David Nguyen. (I don't even know where this kid ended up...after Jr. High, I think he went to a different high school). I loved the fact that I wouldn't even have to change my last name. Yea, I like things simple. But, I was naive back then..
So, Dan and I had a mini conversation about all of this. It never occurred to him that I wouldn't want to change my last name. It's like a given for him. I told him my simple reasons why... but I didn't know it was a big deal for him. I'm pretty flexible with the whole idea... but my whole thing is if the position was reversed.. would he change his name to mine? It's not customary (I know that) but it's something to think about.
Anyways, it's really not a big deal for me. If it means alot to him.. I'll do it. That's what you do for someone you love, right?
Everyone at work keeps asking me.. when are you getting married? I keep saying.. do you see a ring? They figure I'm the next one to get married.... I don't think so.
Way back when... Dan said he'll propose.. and with that BIG discussion we had a month ago.. I know he won't be doing it soon. But, I wonder what type of ring he would get for me... I hope he keeps it simple. If he's smart.. he'll consult David T. Since I went ring browsing with him.
Simple. Simple. Simple. My fingers are short. I rarely wear rings because everything looks so weird. Or I'm just not used to the whole ring wearing thing. I remember going with David.. and anything above 1karat was just ugly on my finger. But.. if the day ever comes.. I'm sure I'll love whatever he gets me. I wonder if he'll even consult me about what to get. eh...
Three day weekend for me... I'm tempted to go pamper myself. *The 'Me. Me. Me!!!' grin*
I guess I'm so used to my last name... The hassle of changing it to his... I'd rather just keep mine.
Back in elementary school. I had a semi-crush on this kid.. David Nguyen. (I don't even know where this kid ended up...after Jr. High, I think he went to a different high school). I loved the fact that I wouldn't even have to change my last name. Yea, I like things simple. But, I was naive back then..
So, Dan and I had a mini conversation about all of this. It never occurred to him that I wouldn't want to change my last name. It's like a given for him. I told him my simple reasons why... but I didn't know it was a big deal for him. I'm pretty flexible with the whole idea... but my whole thing is if the position was reversed.. would he change his name to mine? It's not customary (I know that) but it's something to think about.
Anyways, it's really not a big deal for me. If it means alot to him.. I'll do it. That's what you do for someone you love, right?
Everyone at work keeps asking me.. when are you getting married? I keep saying.. do you see a ring? They figure I'm the next one to get married.... I don't think so.
Way back when... Dan said he'll propose.. and with that BIG discussion we had a month ago.. I know he won't be doing it soon. But, I wonder what type of ring he would get for me... I hope he keeps it simple. If he's smart.. he'll consult David T. Since I went ring browsing with him.
Simple. Simple. Simple. My fingers are short. I rarely wear rings because everything looks so weird. Or I'm just not used to the whole ring wearing thing. I remember going with David.. and anything above 1karat was just ugly on my finger. But.. if the day ever comes.. I'm sure I'll love whatever he gets me. I wonder if he'll even consult me about what to get. eh...Three day weekend for me... I'm tempted to go pamper myself. *The 'Me. Me. Me!!!' grin*

1 Comments:
I wept through the process of changing my name when I married M. I had my heart set on using my last name as a middle name, but it turned out I would have had to go to court to do it, I couldn't do it through the standard getting married paperwork. While I knew I wanted to change my name, as I came from a household where EVERY SINGLE MEMBER had a different last name and it got really confusing really fast.
Love the ring pic, very pretty!
Post a Comment
<< Home