Immunizations
I've been dreading this day because of B's 2 month vaccinations... three shots. :-/ poor kid. D being a great dad raced home to come to the appointment. I guess Dr. H was overbooked.. because it took us a whooping 2 hrs for the whole visit.
B's weight was good and the doctor didn't have any concerns. I, of course, was rattling off all my concerns about him possibly having a flat head, him not lifting his head, his poops changing.. I probably even forgot a few issues I wanted to bring up.
And then came the dreaded shots.
B was giving us a big smile and then the nurse came with the first shot. Oh.. B started to cry.. and then the nurse came with another shot.. Oh how the cry got louder.. and then the nurse came with another shot... and louder the cries came. After a few seconds, he calmed down.
I was ready with his bottle..but it seemed like he didn't need it.
He did come home all tired. He slept for a good portion... even sleeping past his feeding time. And then he slept through the night too... which I'm attributing to the shots. But thankfully he didn't get a fever. He was a troooper!
B's weight was good and the doctor didn't have any concerns. I, of course, was rattling off all my concerns about him possibly having a flat head, him not lifting his head, his poops changing.. I probably even forgot a few issues I wanted to bring up.
And then came the dreaded shots.
B was giving us a big smile and then the nurse came with the first shot. Oh.. B started to cry.. and then the nurse came with another shot.. Oh how the cry got louder.. and then the nurse came with another shot... and louder the cries came. After a few seconds, he calmed down.
I was ready with his bottle..but it seemed like he didn't need it.
He did come home all tired. He slept for a good portion... even sleeping past his feeding time. And then he slept through the night too... which I'm attributing to the shots. But thankfully he didn't get a fever. He was a troooper!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home