Settling Back In...sort of.
This past weekend was full of events! It really made me anxious about thinking of all the things...and I tried to remind myself that I have to be flexible and relaxed...otherwise I'm gonna just grow more gray hairs and stress lines.
V had signed up for the March For Babies. A couple of years ago, D and I did it ..mainly because L&T had J prematurely and my work was also participating in it. Since I love doing walk events, I figured its best to start practicing getting out with the baby... plus it was supposed to be a really nice weekend to be outdoors.
Everything in the morning turned out well. I woke up to pump..which I would save for later in case B got hungry while we were out. D feed B so he would be content for the most part. And then half an hour before we were gonna leave... V texts me that she's not going because K got a fever. I looked over at D and said... should we still go? It was tempting to abort the mission. But we carried on.. we were already packed and dressed. We both thought it would be good to get out... so we did and we're so glad that we did. It was incredibly hot and sunny... really great to be outside (considering more than half the week I was just inside with B). The walk was three miles... most of time the baby was asleep. He did wake up around his feeding time but when we pulled over to feed him. He drank some but ended up falling asleep. So we continued on. I think this was the best walk even to take him... very relaxed.
We came home to feed the baby again and so that I could pump. We were pooped and relaxed a bit at home. But later on we ventured out to Babies R Us and Costco... picked up dinner. And then to treat ourselved at nite.. we got Froyo Life yogurt (although we ended up putting it in the freezer and not eating it).
Sunday was really fun too. It was more of meeting up with our friends. The Americana & H&M were sponsoring Baby Loves Disco. L had told me about it and I told J&A... I had committed to the idea of going a month ago because I figured by the time B was 2 months ... we would be more comfortable leaving the house with him. I was more confident because of yesterday to do the same thing today... pump and save it for if B got hungry during the event.. and D fed B one of the bottles from the fridge. Again since we weren't pressed for time and on a schedule.. it was relaxing to get there between 1-4pm. The event was kinda more geared towards toddlers but it was just good to have B outdoors again. I think he enjoys it with his big eyes looking all over the place. Of course, usually after he eats.. he usually goes to sleep.. but he did take a quick catnap.. but was awake to take everything in. I really do wonder what he's able to see... because it seems like he's paying attention to things around him. It was super hot and since there was no shade in the grassy area of the Americana.. we went to Starbucks to have some coffee and tea. B did get cranky so we busted out the breastmilk that I had pumped and was able to stay out a bit longer with our friends. It really does make a difference when our friends have babies of their own. Maybe it was good being almost the last couple in our group to have a kid.
Because I knew I had to go home to pump.. we left. And my sisters met us at our house. My niece wanted to see B again.. H had forgotten her toiletries from the night before. I'm really glad that my family is around and geniunely likes looking after B.
Now this was the mistake that we shouldn't have done. Once we get a better hang of things.. we should only commit to one event per day.
My coworkers wanted to have dinner... but it turned out to be a home BBQ... which was good. More low key and if I needed to pump then I would feel more comfortable at someone's house than at a restaurant. However.. we were so tired!! And I kinda felt bad to eat and go home. But, I think they understood. By the time we wanted to leave (which was probably half an hour more than we wanted to stay).. everyone else left too.
I have to say that this was probably one of the best weekends I ever had since the baby was born.
And I'm very lucky to have D as my hubby and the father of our kid. It was hard the first few weeks because of his school schedule. I know it was extra hard for him to juggle everything. I can only imagine all the stress and headache and (of course) my insensitive comment... But since he had a few days off from school.. he has been so helpful and considerate. So, we can both get a taste of what things will be like once he's done with school... which is so much more manageable. There's a light at the end of the tunnel.
The only bad thing is that within a month everything will change again once I go back to work... and we'll have to find another schedule that fits us.
V had signed up for the March For Babies. A couple of years ago, D and I did it ..mainly because L&T had J prematurely and my work was also participating in it. Since I love doing walk events, I figured its best to start practicing getting out with the baby... plus it was supposed to be a really nice weekend to be outdoors.
Everything in the morning turned out well. I woke up to pump..which I would save for later in case B got hungry while we were out. D feed B so he would be content for the most part. And then half an hour before we were gonna leave... V texts me that she's not going because K got a fever. I looked over at D and said... should we still go? It was tempting to abort the mission. But we carried on.. we were already packed and dressed. We both thought it would be good to get out... so we did and we're so glad that we did. It was incredibly hot and sunny... really great to be outside (considering more than half the week I was just inside with B). The walk was three miles... most of time the baby was asleep. He did wake up around his feeding time but when we pulled over to feed him. He drank some but ended up falling asleep. So we continued on. I think this was the best walk even to take him... very relaxed.
We came home to feed the baby again and so that I could pump. We were pooped and relaxed a bit at home. But later on we ventured out to Babies R Us and Costco... picked up dinner. And then to treat ourselved at nite.. we got Froyo Life yogurt (although we ended up putting it in the freezer and not eating it).
Sunday was really fun too. It was more of meeting up with our friends. The Americana & H&M were sponsoring Baby Loves Disco. L had told me about it and I told J&A... I had committed to the idea of going a month ago because I figured by the time B was 2 months ... we would be more comfortable leaving the house with him. I was more confident because of yesterday to do the same thing today... pump and save it for if B got hungry during the event.. and D fed B one of the bottles from the fridge. Again since we weren't pressed for time and on a schedule.. it was relaxing to get there between 1-4pm. The event was kinda more geared towards toddlers but it was just good to have B outdoors again. I think he enjoys it with his big eyes looking all over the place. Of course, usually after he eats.. he usually goes to sleep.. but he did take a quick catnap.. but was awake to take everything in. I really do wonder what he's able to see... because it seems like he's paying attention to things around him. It was super hot and since there was no shade in the grassy area of the Americana.. we went to Starbucks to have some coffee and tea. B did get cranky so we busted out the breastmilk that I had pumped and was able to stay out a bit longer with our friends. It really does make a difference when our friends have babies of their own. Maybe it was good being almost the last couple in our group to have a kid.
Because I knew I had to go home to pump.. we left. And my sisters met us at our house. My niece wanted to see B again.. H had forgotten her toiletries from the night before. I'm really glad that my family is around and geniunely likes looking after B.
Now this was the mistake that we shouldn't have done. Once we get a better hang of things.. we should only commit to one event per day.
My coworkers wanted to have dinner... but it turned out to be a home BBQ... which was good. More low key and if I needed to pump then I would feel more comfortable at someone's house than at a restaurant. However.. we were so tired!! And I kinda felt bad to eat and go home. But, I think they understood. By the time we wanted to leave (which was probably half an hour more than we wanted to stay).. everyone else left too.
I have to say that this was probably one of the best weekends I ever had since the baby was born.
And I'm very lucky to have D as my hubby and the father of our kid. It was hard the first few weeks because of his school schedule. I know it was extra hard for him to juggle everything. I can only imagine all the stress and headache and (of course) my insensitive comment... But since he had a few days off from school.. he has been so helpful and considerate. So, we can both get a taste of what things will be like once he's done with school... which is so much more manageable. There's a light at the end of the tunnel.
The only bad thing is that within a month everything will change again once I go back to work... and we'll have to find another schedule that fits us.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home