8.28.2006

it's the way it's said

after this venting session...i won't revisit the topic... i just need to blow off some steam.

i could have asked in a different way or yes maybe the 'timing' was wrong. but it's not all one sided. it's not all my fault. i agree that I need to relax about issues. Certain things don't have to be done right away. i do fess up to part of the blame..but again it's not all mine.

i was thinking it over and trying to figure out why it bugged me so much. and it was mainly how things were said. how the reaction was given.

"does it have to be done now?" or was it "can i do it later?" (not verbatim..I forget what was exactly said)

hearing that makes it sound like i had given him a chore. yes, technically it could have been viewed that way. but there were others ways to say it better. I'm grateful that he helped me out so much from beginning to end. things wouldn't have turned out so great without his help.

But, I honestly didn't see him in the midst of a conversation. Of course, I want him to have fun with his friends. He would want the same for me if positions were reversed. But maybe the better response to my request could have been.. "i'm busy now..I'll do it right after I talk to so and so" or even better... i'm sure whoever he was talking to wouldn't mind walking with him over to the car to get whatever I needed. See..the second solution would have calmed me down and accomplished him catching up with his friend.

I see how I could have done things differently. I'm pushy. I get stressed out. I understand I need to let things go and relax. Looking back, I could have asked it in a better way like instead of "Help Thao get some wood"...I could have said "When you get a chance could you please help Thao get some wood" or something like that. But I'm not all at fault. And I don't think my point of view was understood in this whole thing.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mon said...

hi lucy
i'm from buenos aires, argentina.
saw your blog in my counter/stats... speak spanish?
sorry, but my english is :((((

i have not any problem to read in english, but when i must write... i can't do it

that´s all
have a nice day.

3:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home