karma
KARMA (Sanskrit: कर्म from the root kri, "to do", meaning deed) or Kamma (Pali: meaning action, effect, destiny) is a term in several eastern religions that comprises the entire cycle of cause and effect. Karma is a sum of all that an individual has done and is currently doing. The effects of those deeds actively create present and future experiences, thus making one responsible for one's own life. In religions that incorporate reincarnation, karma extends through one's present life and all past and future lives as well.
The 'Law of Karma' is central in Hinduism, Sikhism, Buddhism, & Jainism. (These religions were formed in India). All living creatures are responsible for their karma and for their salvation (or release from samsara). As a term, it can be traced back to the early Upanishads.
i'm a firm believer of karma. i don't always act the way I should to get the effect that I want.. it's during those 'ill' events that I say to myself.. DARN YOU KARMA!! should have listened.
i only bring it up because tonite while driving home.. i was stopped at a stop light. mind you.. this is the second time I've seen it today... i looked over at the sidewalk and a 'homeless' person was lying there sleeping. The first guy I saw... it was in broad daylight ... and almost seemed like he was beat up and left there. The second guy... it was late .. and he was curled up against a wall. The first guy... I thought the vendors in the strip mall would have called the police to remove him or something. The second guy... I almost wished I had a blanket to give him so he wouldn't be sleeping in the cold. Don't know why two almost exact cases... but my thought process was completely different. Like all things.. it's the context of the situation.
The 'Law of Karma' is central in Hinduism, Sikhism, Buddhism, & Jainism. (These religions were formed in India). All living creatures are responsible for their karma and for their salvation (or release from samsara). As a term, it can be traced back to the early Upanishads.
i'm a firm believer of karma. i don't always act the way I should to get the effect that I want.. it's during those 'ill' events that I say to myself.. DARN YOU KARMA!! should have listened.
i only bring it up because tonite while driving home.. i was stopped at a stop light. mind you.. this is the second time I've seen it today... i looked over at the sidewalk and a 'homeless' person was lying there sleeping. The first guy I saw... it was in broad daylight ... and almost seemed like he was beat up and left there. The second guy... it was late .. and he was curled up against a wall. The first guy... I thought the vendors in the strip mall would have called the police to remove him or something. The second guy... I almost wished I had a blanket to give him so he wouldn't be sleeping in the cold. Don't know why two almost exact cases... but my thought process was completely different. Like all things.. it's the context of the situation.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home