9.09.2011

NT Scan

Before Aruba, we had our first prenatal visit. I got the first trimester bloodwork done and the doc put in a referral and insurance request for my NT scan. The doc said that I would have to schedule my scan right away because the window to get an accurate reading is from 11 weeks to 13 weeks + 6 days.

As luck would have it, I had problems with the paperwork getting to the office that does the NT scan. Plus when we came back from Aruba, it was Labor Day Weekend.

But after telling the lady at the office that I had to get the scan done this week because of how far along I would be.. she found an opening for me. Perfect!

Well.. not exactly, yesterday was our NT scan and when the tech measured the baby, the lil one was just out of range. Meaning she couldn't get an accurate measurement of the nuchal fold. So our hope to finding out the chances of this baby having down's syndrome couldn't happen. So we will have to rely on bloodwork from the first and second trimester to tell us the chances of any chromosomal and genetic defects.

The good thing is that we were able to see the lil person and heart the heartbeat.

Can't believe there's something growing inside me.

And now... I got some more baby books.. oiy! so overwhelming!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home