Destination: Aruba
Dan and I spent the best time in Aruba with two other couples. Because we've gone past the phase of weddings, the only other way to spend some quality time with old friends is to figure a way to get away with each other.
One drunken night during Happy Hour, Dan and I texted my two friends.. and we were all on the same page of going away and just relaxing. We all needed it. When there's a will.. there's a way!
I had already looked into either going to Puerto Rico or Aruba. Because Aruba wouldn't be affected by hurricanes.. my suggestion was to go there. And that's where we ended up.
T arranged the housing situation and found the best vacation home!
So here's my Top Ten List of Memories and Lessons Learned of Aruba:
(1) sometimes website photos do reflect reality
(2) earthquakes followed us from Cali and MD
(3) don't take shortcuts through swamps - you will only get eaten alive by mosquitoes
(4) wear foot protection while snorkeling - you can get stung by scorpionfishes
(5) Aruba has the most nicest beaches
(6) finding garlic in your bed means many things for different people
(7) it takes four ppl to make one Starbucks order
(8) if you wave, they will wave back
(9) always declare your Subway club sandwich
(10) this was one of the best vacations I had because of the company.
One drunken night during Happy Hour, Dan and I texted my two friends.. and we were all on the same page of going away and just relaxing. We all needed it. When there's a will.. there's a way!
I had already looked into either going to Puerto Rico or Aruba. Because Aruba wouldn't be affected by hurricanes.. my suggestion was to go there. And that's where we ended up.
T arranged the housing situation and found the best vacation home!
So here's my Top Ten List of Memories and Lessons Learned of Aruba:
(1) sometimes website photos do reflect reality
(2) earthquakes followed us from Cali and MD
(3) don't take shortcuts through swamps - you will only get eaten alive by mosquitoes
(4) wear foot protection while snorkeling - you can get stung by scorpionfishes
(5) Aruba has the most nicest beaches
(6) finding garlic in your bed means many things for different people
(7) it takes four ppl to make one Starbucks order
(8) if you wave, they will wave back
(9) always declare your Subway club sandwich
(10) this was one of the best vacations I had because of the company.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home