1.28.2011

HSG

I thought I was going to be able to do my progesterone test before the HSG exam... but I couldn't pinpoint my ovulation day. I ignored the fertility monitor and started testing on Day 14.. since it seemed that on the average I ovulate around Day 14 to Day 20. Yes, I didn't want to waste those sticks!! I still take my basal temperature... and so from those temperatures it said I ovulated on Day 12... weird. So, since I couldn't be sure which day was positive.. I'll have to wait for this next month.

However, my period came and I was able to schedule my HSG... I had to schedule this exam between CD5 to CD10. Coincidentally on CD10, I had the day off!! D only had to leave work early to take me and drive me home.

The day came and I was so excited and nervous. Would this exam explain why we haven't conceived yet.. were my tubes fine.. what's going on!?

D picked me up and we went to the hospital. We got there on time. And then there was a glitch. The lady checking us in couldn't find any MD orders. I showed her my insurance referal and told her this was all that I was given.

Apparently, my doctor's office didn't forward over any orders. Legally, the radiologist has to have an MD order. I called my doctor's office and of course, they close early on Fridays. The supervisor was called in and was asked what could be done. The radiologist said 'no order - no exam'. The supervisor called my office and she got the same message that they were closed. At this point, I was crying because I had waited so long... and although waiting another month was nothing.. it was just the build up of emotions. The supervisor only suggestion was that I would call the on-call doctor but I would have to determine if this was an emergency or not.

In my head, this wasn't a medical emergency... but I called and left a message.

D & I sat there waiting for the doctor's call.

And then I thought could I get any doctor to write me an order.. if so, maybe I could convince my brother to send over an order. I didn't want to get him involved and to know our business... but to wait another month was just unbearable. I called my brother and in the middle of my explaining to him what happened... the on-call physician called me back.

YEA!!!

He looked at my chart and faxed over an order.

My appointment had been for 1:30pm... and I ended up going in at 4ish pm.

In my head, I was just so thankful to the on-call doc and that supervisor... I vow to send her a thank you note.

My HSG results came out normal. YEA!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home