1.19.2009

Escaping to Colorado

I needed this escape to Denver. An escape from all the family drama. *sigh*

Initially, four of us were going to CO... T&T, J, D and me. C&J jumped on the bandwagon at the last minute which was just fantastic news to D and I. So there were seven ppl.

Then, at the last minute T&T got into an argument...and T stayed back in Los Angeles.

And then there were six.

The plan was to get into Boulder on Friday nite...have dinner and just hang out at J&T's house. Saturday would be snowboarding and again relaxing at J&T's house. Sunday would be discovering Denver. And then Monday would be flying back to Los Angeles.

It has been like over 8 years since I've snowboarded and it was SO much fun!! Like riding a bike.. you just never forget how to do it. This was going to be the first time D has ever snowboarding. He skied before but never boarded. He didn't take snowboard lessons but basically learned a few skills from J and M and me. I was SO proud of him!!



So during this entire trip out to CO... I abandoned D three times ...although he counts only twice. I left him once on the ski slopes. I really wanted to have a good last run..but he wasn't comfortable and wanted to stick to the easy run. He got a bit upset but I went my way and he went his.... sucky thing is that he ate it and hit his head on the way done. eek. Then he got sick on Sunday nite and couldn't get on the plane on Monday morning... so I went home with T, J, C&J and he stayed behind with J&T.

And then there were five.

And the last time I abandoned him was at the airport because I was meeting up with M who is helping with us and the living room.

ug. I'm a bad wife. yeeeck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home