The In-Laws
I guess it's more difficult for D to deal with my family/his in-laws. My family lives within a 60-mile radius of us. If there's a family event... he'll have to do it.
With me, all my in-laws/his family all live on the other side of the coast. And the two family members - D's half-bro and stepsister - aren't that close to him.
In the eyes of my work's 'in-law' group (the women who have to deal with their in-laws on a regular basis), I'm lucky.
...and I guess that's true.
* D's mom doesn't harrass me on the phone on a regular basis. But neither does my mom to him. Some of my work friends have to talk to their mom's on a daily or weekly basis and some of these mom's are like thousands of miles away!!
* D and I don't have to go to my parent's house on a weekly basis for dinner. And we don't get harrassed to fly over to visit his family. Some of my work friends are made to feel guilty if they don't have dinner on a daily or weekly basis.
For us, Christmas is reserved for family and then New Year's Eve is reserved for friends. E has to spend both days with her family. eek.
I still wish our families were close.. but there's always a fine line.
With me, all my in-laws/his family all live on the other side of the coast. And the two family members - D's half-bro and stepsister - aren't that close to him.
In the eyes of my work's 'in-law' group (the women who have to deal with their in-laws on a regular basis), I'm lucky.
...and I guess that's true.
* D's mom doesn't harrass me on the phone on a regular basis. But neither does my mom to him. Some of my work friends have to talk to their mom's on a daily or weekly basis and some of these mom's are like thousands of miles away!!
* D and I don't have to go to my parent's house on a weekly basis for dinner. And we don't get harrassed to fly over to visit his family. Some of my work friends are made to feel guilty if they don't have dinner on a daily or weekly basis.
For us, Christmas is reserved for family and then New Year's Eve is reserved for friends. E has to spend both days with her family. eek.
I still wish our families were close.. but there's always a fine line.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home