internet-less
Being without internet is the hardest thing! I had to escape to the local library to surf the web. oy. But the thought of spending 80 bucks/month for both cable and internet ... i dunno. Living on my own is just sucking up lots of money.
So. I've been thinking of how this wedding is going to turn out. It's so tough. The logistics. The fusion of Vietnamese and American. It's all so complicated.
I think I do want to get married in a church. On my way to work, I stopped off at this church in Burbank. It's a cute lil church... I actually hoped that it was my childhood church that we used to go to when we used to live in Burbank. But, I don't think it is. I emailed the priest and asked about all the rules of getting married and such. He wrote back... he seems pretty nice and willing to help out. And Dan definitely doesn't need to convert. I just need to promise to raise my kids up in the Catholic faith.
The only problem is ...and it seems like a huge hassle is having a church wedding and then finding the reception location. I hated my sister's wedding because the church was in Canoga Park and then we had to drive all the way down to Santa Ana for the reception. I don't want to hassle my guests with that.
And I'm trying to figure out how to fuse some Vietnamese food in the whole mix. Which I read an article from Modern Bride that said to have like a buffet style reception where guests can pick and choose what they want to eat. Or another idea is having hor 'doerves and then have the sit down dinner. I dunno.
ug. Keep thinking I want a wedding planner to help me out... but that's just too expensive. aiy.
So. I've been thinking of how this wedding is going to turn out. It's so tough. The logistics. The fusion of Vietnamese and American. It's all so complicated.
I think I do want to get married in a church. On my way to work, I stopped off at this church in Burbank. It's a cute lil church... I actually hoped that it was my childhood church that we used to go to when we used to live in Burbank. But, I don't think it is. I emailed the priest and asked about all the rules of getting married and such. He wrote back... he seems pretty nice and willing to help out. And Dan definitely doesn't need to convert. I just need to promise to raise my kids up in the Catholic faith.
The only problem is ...and it seems like a huge hassle is having a church wedding and then finding the reception location. I hated my sister's wedding because the church was in Canoga Park and then we had to drive all the way down to Santa Ana for the reception. I don't want to hassle my guests with that.
And I'm trying to figure out how to fuse some Vietnamese food in the whole mix. Which I read an article from Modern Bride that said to have like a buffet style reception where guests can pick and choose what they want to eat. Or another idea is having hor 'doerves and then have the sit down dinner. I dunno.
ug. Keep thinking I want a wedding planner to help me out... but that's just too expensive. aiy.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home