3.28.2006

Budgeting

My whole thing about budgetting is that I don't have one. For the past few months I thought ...shoot... I save 'x' amount and I invest 'x' amount and I have 'x' amount put into a 401K that should be good enough. But, in reality I'm not saving as much as I should. Yes... in some sick way Dan was right. But, i'll have to say I'm not as bad as some ppl and their spending ways. Although I'm eyeing a new canon digital camera.... hehehe... anyways...

Dan and I have 'x' amount saved up for a wedding and a down payment for a house.

I was cruising around the internet to get a better average amount spent on weddings... The average is $19K. Hm. Wow. We definitely don't have THAT much.

And then putting away for a down payment... oy. That's nearly impossible to do and live in CA.

So, it's budget time. oy. where to begin???

Well, on a good note... at least I've accumulate enough miles to take care of one ticket to either Hawaii, the Caribbeans, or Europe (during off-peak season). So if there is a honeymoon in store for the future that's one less saving to do... Just need to work on Dan's ticket. I wanted to see how many miles were needed to book an all-inclusive vacation... whew!! I would need like 200,000 miles to make it a free trip. I only have a fifth of that right now. Now I really wish I was more of an American Airlines flyer back in school... so maybe I would have accumulated more miles and been closer to that goal. Oh well.. I got a few good perks with other programs I was part of.

JCAHO is running amuck around our hospital. I'm scared of the whole process and I hear it's a lot more stringent now than before. They'll actually 'trace' a patient's hospital stay. They'll be here until Thursday.. eek! I wish I could call in sick. oy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home