11.09.2008

PKD Walk

I forced D to do another walk even with me. This time it was K that had emailed me about doing it. And since I'm always up for a good cause and I couldn't do the AIDS Walk this year.. I decided to help her out. I had no idea that her mom had polycystic kidney disease. I've known this woman how many years.. and had no clue.

I actually like the route for this walk.. it goes along the beach around Santa Monica and Venice. Although today was like the WINDY-est day ever!! We got attacked by sand. But it was all good. We accomplished something and all before noon.




Non-Common Sense Moment: D and I had finished the walk and they had snacks for the walkers. They had Capri-Sun, water, lil bag of goodies, apples, etc.. So, one of the volunteer Firefighters wanted to give his daughter a Capri-Sun...but one of the volunteers told him 'This is actually only for the walkers'. Of course, the firefighter couldn't say anything so he walked off. And of course, my hubby went up to him and gave his daughter the Capri-Sun we had gotten. But, does that make sense to anyone?! Why would you deprieve another volunteer person of a snack... and on top of that.. it was for a lil girl. aiy. some people!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home