5.22.2007

One Loan Down!!!!!

After a lil confusion on sallie mae's part. I just received this email:

Thank you for your inquiry and for your business with Sallie Mae. The overpayment on loan #1 has been applied to loan #2 per your request. Loans #1 and #2 are now paid in full. If we may be of further assistance, please visit our Web site.

Sincerely,
Customer Service

Damn. It feels SO good to get rid of that high interest loan. So, I completed one of my Goals for 2007.

Since it's pretty close to the mid-year... Let me do a recap of my Goals for 2007:

Goals for 2007

Didn't complete:

* Before Tax Time (April 2007), contribute $4000 to my IRA as my 2006 contribution. I decided not to do this because Tax-wise I wouldn't have benefited. But, I did decide to do the automatic monthly deposits into my IRA starting in January 2007.

In Progress:

* Save ~$2500 for all the weddings I'm attending this year. Went and all gifts paid for E's and SD's wedding. I didn't go to SG's wedding..but I did send her a gift. I paid off tickets to St. Johns for C's wedding plus the villa is paid for. So! Three more weddings to go for this year (C's, T's and J's - that's about $450 to save up for. whew.)

* House deposit fund: $50,000. Half way there...

* Wedding fund: $15,000. We've already paid out $6K for this wedding. ouch.

* IRA 2007 contribution - still putting in $333/month.

* Increase my contribution to my 401K to 20%. I need to double check if I'm on track with contributions. Since there was some major confusion in the beginning of this year.

* Mutual Fund contribution - still putting in $300/month.

Completed:

* Emergency fund that'll last 3 months: $10,000

* Pay off high interest student loan. WOOHOO!! Starting next month I get to save up an additional $500/month.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home