Cheating Revisited
For entertainment purposes, I still occasionally get my xanga subscriptions sent to my email.. and the one I got today was kinda interesting. It was on men and cheating. Yeup. The cheating topic revisited. This author's 'simple' equation was:
cheating = willingness x opportunity
In summary, if the guy is willing...be it he's unhappy or just plain horny.. then the chances of cheating increases. The same thing occurs with opportunity. If there's no chance of being caught in the act or just the meer fact of an opportunity to arise, cheating will often occur.
Although that equation does have some validity, I still think there are more factors in play.
Do I think I would be capable of cheating? Right now, my answer would be 'Definitely not'. I could never see myself doing that. My 'willingness' factor equals zero. Therefore, my cheating equals nil.
Do I think it's possible that I could cheat? Honestly, given certain circumstances.. I do think boundaries could be overstepped. I remember I had gotten so drunk that I blacked out and woke up in someone else's arms...not knowing what the heck went on. Who knows if that could happen again... although I seriously doubt it. But, nothing is for certain.
Do I think it's possible that I could be cheated on? Of course. It's almost sad to think that. But again.. nothing is for certain. One of the factors that should be put into that above equation is 'thoughts of how it might hurt your significant other'...hopefully that would deter cheating.. but of course, that's sometimes not the case. Why is it that people on a daily basis can't step outside the situation and view it from someone else's perspective? A lot less hurt would occur in my opinion.
Simple morale value 'Do onto others as you would wish them do onto you'. That's the one line that ppl should just have in the back of their heads.
I trust alot of girls. But there are certainly a bunch of fucked up (excuse my french) bitches out there. Girls that think or outwardly portray that they're 'good' and 'nice' but go around doing fucked up shit to other girls.
There's a saying that some guys go by: 'Bros before Hoes". I don't think there's a similar saying for girls. And I'm not saying every guy heeds by that saying... All I'm pointing at is that there's a certain code out there for guys and not really for girls. Although there is an unspoken rule of not dating your friend's exes... I think its still common amongst girls because we're more emotional creatures. You follow our heart rather than our head sometimes. And guys follow their dick rather than the right head the other times.
cheating = willingness x opportunity
In summary, if the guy is willing...be it he's unhappy or just plain horny.. then the chances of cheating increases. The same thing occurs with opportunity. If there's no chance of being caught in the act or just the meer fact of an opportunity to arise, cheating will often occur.
Although that equation does have some validity, I still think there are more factors in play.
Do I think I would be capable of cheating? Right now, my answer would be 'Definitely not'. I could never see myself doing that. My 'willingness' factor equals zero. Therefore, my cheating equals nil.
Do I think it's possible that I could cheat? Honestly, given certain circumstances.. I do think boundaries could be overstepped. I remember I had gotten so drunk that I blacked out and woke up in someone else's arms...not knowing what the heck went on. Who knows if that could happen again... although I seriously doubt it. But, nothing is for certain.
Do I think it's possible that I could be cheated on? Of course. It's almost sad to think that. But again.. nothing is for certain. One of the factors that should be put into that above equation is 'thoughts of how it might hurt your significant other'...hopefully that would deter cheating.. but of course, that's sometimes not the case. Why is it that people on a daily basis can't step outside the situation and view it from someone else's perspective? A lot less hurt would occur in my opinion.
Simple morale value 'Do onto others as you would wish them do onto you'. That's the one line that ppl should just have in the back of their heads.
I trust alot of girls. But there are certainly a bunch of fucked up (excuse my french) bitches out there. Girls that think or outwardly portray that they're 'good' and 'nice' but go around doing fucked up shit to other girls.
There's a saying that some guys go by: 'Bros before Hoes". I don't think there's a similar saying for girls. And I'm not saying every guy heeds by that saying... All I'm pointing at is that there's a certain code out there for guys and not really for girls. Although there is an unspoken rule of not dating your friend's exes... I think its still common amongst girls because we're more emotional creatures. You follow our heart rather than our head sometimes. And guys follow their dick rather than the right head the other times.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home