2.22.2006

Platonic Friendships

I keep going back to the same thought. Keep running that whole scenario in my head. Why'd you hide the fact that you were trying to be 'friends' with these girls? No hidden agenda... hm..

Is it possible to have a COMPLETELY platonic friendship with someone of the opposite sex?

My thoughts on the whole thing is "Yes, it's definitely possible". I have a whole bunch of guy friends that I'm close to and ask their advice about things. I hang around them because they may have the same interests as me or plain simple... I have fun around them. BUT! I know every once in a while the guy will have the urge or imagined to fuck around with this 'platonic' girl friend. Honestly, there are times when I wondered what if I had made this guy friend a boyfriend. You know, I'm only human to have those thoughts especially when things are going rough with the real boyfriend.

Way back when.. I had a good guy friend who even made moves on me. He was having a rough time with his girlfriend. I was single. Things just happened. And I let it happened because I thought he had intentions of making me his girlfriend. How wrong I was. And I regret it ever happening and it definitely dampered the friendship. But the point being, after about a year of being friends with him..and being close friends at that. The thought of 'sex' were there.

Anyways, just because the thoughts of having sex with my platonic friend has crossed my mind...it doesn't mean I'll always act on it. I think as long as your thoughts don't actually materialize then it can be said that you're "just friends". And I think this is the same way guys feel about it.

Although, the other side to this whole thing is the FIRST time a guy approaches me and wants to be my 'friend'. I know he has NO interest in 'just being friends'. There's like a 99.999999998% that the guy came up to me because he felt I was attractive and wants to get into my pants. Now that other .000000002% of guys that may approach me as REALLY wanting to be 'just friends'. At one point or another, he WILL be having those sex thoughts real soon.

Just a fact of nature. And I'm sticking by it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home