1.26.2012

My Boobies Work!

Today was my first visit with the lactation consultant. I know that I'm going to breastfeed but not sure how well my boobies will accomplish this task. I don't even know if they'll work! We did go to one breastfeeding class that the hospital provides. I left there feeling so overwhelmed and knowing that I'll have to plan my days.

I've heard of problems with babies not latching on. And all the other problems that may arise. The lactation consultant was very nice. She explained how much the baby be with breastfeeding and talked about my concerns.

Then at the end I told her that I wasn't even sure they'll be working. So she washed her hands, closed the door and squeezed my boobies. And low and behold... something came out! I was completely amazed! My Boobies Work!!

I left there feeling happy that my body is actually preparing for this baby. YAY!

...although the whole thing still makes me nervous. So much planning!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home