9.03.2008

Labor Day Coast-to-Coast

To shake things up a bit, D and I decided to celebrate Labor Day Weekend from Coast to Coast. It wasn't by choice... DS decided to have his wedding in San Diego on Saturday and R decided to have hers in Boston on Sunday. Thank GOODNESS it wasn't the same day!! I wouldn't have known who's wedding to choose because DS and R are both dear friends.

After months of trying to figure out how to get from Los Angeles to San Diego to Boston and then back to Los Angeles. I made the decision to rent a car and get a flight from SD to Boston and then get another flight from Boston to LA. The total amount to do this was a lil over a thousand bucks (rental car, flights and two nites in a hotel in Boston).

I'm glad everything went smoothly. We were 10 minutes late to the SD wedding. I can't believe it took 4 hours to go from LA to SD. ug. We missed the wedding ceremony.

We left the wedding about 820ish pm to catch our red eye to Boston.


I was SO happy to know that we were going to coming in ON TIME. No delays into Boston. That was my ONE big worry... having delays or cancellations. But everything was as smooth as can be! YEA!

Once we landed, we got text messages about where we were and if we wanted to hang out. We met up with friends. Went to Harvard Square. We didn't miss the R&R's wedding ceremony. It was definitely LONG (an hour and a half)...but the presiding 'priest' was funny and the whole thing was so interesting. R looked SO beautiful.. like a princess! :-)


I wished some of my friends would have stayed another day...but most had to get back to go to work on Tuesday. So D and I had a relaxing day walking around downtown Boston until our flight out on Tuesday. That's when we got our delay and instead of getting in at 5ish pm ... we got home at 9ish pm. But otherwise... this was the best weekend ever!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home