6.08.2008

Review: Glow in the Dark Concert

(picture courtesy of: http://io9.com/381189/kanye-west-lost-in-space-with-only-killer-beats-and-sexbot-for-company)
I don't think there will be another time when we would get to watch great artists like Lupe Fiasco, N.E.R.D., Rihanna and Kanye West under one roof.
I definitely think the concert would have been FANTASTIC if we got to see them at the Nokia Theatre...but what could we do. Our seats weren't TOO bad...we had aisle seats and no one sitting in front of us. Plus, thank goodness for big screens for the nosebleed seaters.
Lupe Fiasco was awesome. I didn't know all his songs.. just 'Superstar', 'Hip Hope Saved My Life', and 'Dumb it Down' (which was sad because Dan really wanted to hear that...and Lupe didn't sing it), '. But he has such a great stage presence.
N.E.R.D was good. I like Pharell but I dunno about N.E.R.D ...like D said it seemed like a Beastie Boys type.
Rihanna was okay. Good singer but I would get bored with her if she was a Headliner.
Kanye was FANTASTIC!! Man! I've never been to a concert that stuck to a 'theme' that felt like a show. It was just him on the stage by himself...and he pulled it off. The only one complaint was that sometimes the music would drown out his singing... so it took me a bit to hear which song he was singing. But otherwise, wow. Very impressed. And well worth the price to go see him.
One more complaint.. there was just TOO much stage setup time between sets. That was getting aggravating. Like it took about half an hour of set up time for Kanye...which afterwards we understood because it was pretty elaborate..but MAN! It took a lot of time.

I don't know how much these 'shade glasses' were..but man, so many kids were wearing 'em. Thank goodness i'm not young and going through these fashion styles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home