Books are always Better
The book was WAY better than the movie
In this case, the book IS better than the audiotapes too!! Crazy. I thought the Bach would be just reading verbatim what's in their book. And I don't remember him going over this 'filing' system' that I see in this book. My quick glance over it.. actually makes perfect sense. And I'll have to ask Dan if he feels the same way about it so we could be doing it once we're married.. or even right now.
Step 3: Plan Together...Win Together
Rule #1: Make sure your goals are based on your values
Saving up for retirement.
Saving up for wedding.
Saving up for house.
Saving up for vacations.
Finish paying off my student loans
Rule #2: Make your goals specific, detailed, and with a finish line.
Retirement. How can I picture that? Having a house that is already paid off. Maybe having a second house somewhere we could jet off too when we want. Plenty of vacations and travelling the world.
Wedding. Having a beautiful, fun wedding. I want it to be elegant and simple and sweet.
House. A cozy lil home with a decent backyard. An ideal place for Dan and I ....and one that coule eventually include kids.
Vacations. Sipping a fantastic alcoholic drink on Maui. Renting a bungalow on Tahiti. Sightseeing in Paris. Bathing next to the blue waters in Greece. Man, the list could go on.
Student loans. At least finish paying off my high interest loan by next year. And figure out how long it'll take to finish paying off the other loan.
Rule #3: Put your top five goals in writing.
I only have five goals.
Rule #4: Start taking action toward your goals within 48hrs
Retirement. I am contributing at least 15% of my paychecks to 401K. I may want to increase it to 20% next year.
Wedding. Have at least $10K saved up. (Dan has the other $10K saved up) I may want to save $5K.... as a just in case of hidden expenses.
House. I have at least $40K saved up. I'm thinking that buying at least a $500,000 house... and having a 20% downpayment would mean that we have to have at least $100K saved up. And then I just thought about having money to spend for furniture... thank goodness we have at least the living room set done.
Vacation. I was thinking that New York would be fun for New years... but that will probably have to wait 'til another year. Haven't really thought of a vacation for a while. Kinda sad. Maybe the remotest thing next to it would be for Christine's wedding.
Student Loans. Still in the $48K hole. But I'm still hacking away at it.
Rule #5: Enlist help.
maybe????? i dunno.
Rule #6: Get a rough idea of how much money it will cost to achieve your goals
Rule #7: Make sure your goals match your values...as a couple.
I'll have to discuss this with Dan later.
In this case, the book IS better than the audiotapes too!! Crazy. I thought the Bach would be just reading verbatim what's in their book. And I don't remember him going over this 'filing' system' that I see in this book. My quick glance over it.. actually makes perfect sense. And I'll have to ask Dan if he feels the same way about it so we could be doing it once we're married.. or even right now.
Step 3: Plan Together...Win Together
Rule #1: Make sure your goals are based on your values
Saving up for retirement.
Saving up for wedding.
Saving up for house.
Saving up for vacations.
Finish paying off my student loans
Rule #2: Make your goals specific, detailed, and with a finish line.
Retirement. How can I picture that? Having a house that is already paid off. Maybe having a second house somewhere we could jet off too when we want. Plenty of vacations and travelling the world.
Wedding. Having a beautiful, fun wedding. I want it to be elegant and simple and sweet.
House. A cozy lil home with a decent backyard. An ideal place for Dan and I ....and one that coule eventually include kids.
Vacations. Sipping a fantastic alcoholic drink on Maui. Renting a bungalow on Tahiti. Sightseeing in Paris. Bathing next to the blue waters in Greece. Man, the list could go on.
Student loans. At least finish paying off my high interest loan by next year. And figure out how long it'll take to finish paying off the other loan.
Rule #3: Put your top five goals in writing.
I only have five goals.
Rule #4: Start taking action toward your goals within 48hrs
Retirement. I am contributing at least 15% of my paychecks to 401K. I may want to increase it to 20% next year.
Wedding. Have at least $10K saved up. (Dan has the other $10K saved up) I may want to save $5K.... as a just in case of hidden expenses.
House. I have at least $40K saved up. I'm thinking that buying at least a $500,000 house... and having a 20% downpayment would mean that we have to have at least $100K saved up. And then I just thought about having money to spend for furniture... thank goodness we have at least the living room set done.
Vacation. I was thinking that New York would be fun for New years... but that will probably have to wait 'til another year. Haven't really thought of a vacation for a while. Kinda sad. Maybe the remotest thing next to it would be for Christine's wedding.
Student Loans. Still in the $48K hole. But I'm still hacking away at it.
Rule #5: Enlist help.
maybe????? i dunno.
Rule #6: Get a rough idea of how much money it will cost to achieve your goals
Rule #7: Make sure your goals match your values...as a couple.
I'll have to discuss this with Dan later.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home