Awakening
Funny how things go in a certain direction.
I've worked on clinical drug studies back in college. Did the whole study coordinator position right out of college...which lead me to go back to school to become a pharmacist. Picked out two of my rotations (FDA and Investigational Drug) so I could hopefully get back into that niche when I graduated pharmacy school.
And then when a position opens up at the hospital...it took me a while to even ask more about what's involved in it...but I took the chance and asked. Talk to the big pharmacy director himself... only to be told that right now... he just want me to be a pharmacist... in a nice way saying that I need more clinical experience before he would even give me the chance. He told me I knew what it involved... and if that's what I wanted he would help me out ... I just need to work harder.
I pretty much knew that's what I would hear. And he added a few nice compliments and praises about my performance. Shoot. In school, I NEVER thought I would go into hospital. I always thought maybe I would work for a drug company...get into investigational...do studies... I dunno find some different niche. But, it was nice hearing nice things from the big honcho.
At least, I put out there that I have that experience and that I'm interested in being in that position again. I guess if I do stick it out... and I do admit I need more clinical experience... I could get there. Hopefully. That's a path that I wouldn't mind taking. Although since I've been out of the game so long.... I may not like the changes. oh well. who knows?
On another note, I have an interview on Friday. I compared the benefits between my company and this new one... I'll definitely go down a few notches. But, I'll keep an open mind. I just need to see the group dynamics of this company. That's always been the way I based where I could work. It's all about who you work with.
I've worked on clinical drug studies back in college. Did the whole study coordinator position right out of college...which lead me to go back to school to become a pharmacist. Picked out two of my rotations (FDA and Investigational Drug) so I could hopefully get back into that niche when I graduated pharmacy school.
And then when a position opens up at the hospital...it took me a while to even ask more about what's involved in it...but I took the chance and asked. Talk to the big pharmacy director himself... only to be told that right now... he just want me to be a pharmacist... in a nice way saying that I need more clinical experience before he would even give me the chance. He told me I knew what it involved... and if that's what I wanted he would help me out ... I just need to work harder.
I pretty much knew that's what I would hear. And he added a few nice compliments and praises about my performance. Shoot. In school, I NEVER thought I would go into hospital. I always thought maybe I would work for a drug company...get into investigational...do studies... I dunno find some different niche. But, it was nice hearing nice things from the big honcho.
At least, I put out there that I have that experience and that I'm interested in being in that position again. I guess if I do stick it out... and I do admit I need more clinical experience... I could get there. Hopefully. That's a path that I wouldn't mind taking. Although since I've been out of the game so long.... I may not like the changes. oh well. who knows?
On another note, I have an interview on Friday. I compared the benefits between my company and this new one... I'll definitely go down a few notches. But, I'll keep an open mind. I just need to see the group dynamics of this company. That's always been the way I based where I could work. It's all about who you work with.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home