Disney Princesses
Disney pretty much sucks.. the main princesses are Snow White, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty. (I guess they're usually considered the 'classics'). The next group to be included would be Ariel and Belle. SOMETIMES... Mulan, Jasmine and Pochahontas are thrown into the mix just for good measure.
Disney definitely needs to open up the racial mixing. But that's besides the point.
Lan-Anh's birthday is today... and she absolutely adores Sleeping Beauty. But for some strange reason..it's kinda hard finding Sleeping Beauty toys. I got the Princess Stories DVD's and it's missing Sleeping Beauty. Hm. Snow White (check) Jasmine (check) Ariel (check) Belle (check)...where's freakin Sleeping Beauty!!
There's a bunch of Cinderella stuff out there... but no Sleeping Beauty. What is going on here?!
Another classic marketing scam is 'so-and-so not included'. Freakin' A. I was looking at this Dora Dressing Armoire. The picture shows the Dresser with clothes and a lil Dora Doll (and of course the smiling lil girl that's playing with the toy). There's this lil tiny blurb that says doll not included... then I wonder are the clothes not included either?! I look around the shelves to figure out what doll goes with this Armoire but can't find it. FORGET IT! Too much effort and money to buy this gift. Not included... my @ss!
Disney definitely needs to open up the racial mixing. But that's besides the point.
Lan-Anh's birthday is today... and she absolutely adores Sleeping Beauty. But for some strange reason..it's kinda hard finding Sleeping Beauty toys. I got the Princess Stories DVD's and it's missing Sleeping Beauty. Hm. Snow White (check) Jasmine (check) Ariel (check) Belle (check)...where's freakin Sleeping Beauty!!
There's a bunch of Cinderella stuff out there... but no Sleeping Beauty. What is going on here?!
Another classic marketing scam is 'so-and-so not included'. Freakin' A. I was looking at this Dora Dressing Armoire. The picture shows the Dresser with clothes and a lil Dora Doll (and of course the smiling lil girl that's playing with the toy). There's this lil tiny blurb that says doll not included... then I wonder are the clothes not included either?! I look around the shelves to figure out what doll goes with this Armoire but can't find it. FORGET IT! Too much effort and money to buy this gift. Not included... my @ss!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home